Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Dread Elf Series interruption: Journeyman league!

I know it's been a couple of days since my last post but things have been pretty hectic lately and so I've had to push some of my modelling back.  I promise I am working on things still, but alas I had to push back a bit.

Despite that I am interrupting my Dread Elf series to bring you an announcement!  The local gaming group is starting up a Warmahordes Journeyman League again and I am most excited about it.

This is the third year one has been run at the LGS, last year's was unfortunately cut short by me and the wife moving an hour away and it sort of died out.  In the interim of that about half of the people lost their tracking sheets and so the results were never really completed.  My friend, and current runner of this year's JL, would have won the painting patch for sure (sorry Josh :\).

So with it coming up I have to decide on a faction to play.  We might end up with 8 people so that means there might be some overlapping for faction choices.  We already have 2 Circle of Oroboros players so that's done with.  We have 1 (maybe 2) Retribution players, 1 Legion, 1 Cryx, 1 Skorne, and so that leaves me choosing.  There might be a couple other new players coming into the fold and there is one guy who might pick it back up but as far as faction goes he's a wild card.

I've already eliminated some options for this League based on past choices and current faction demographics.  No Trolls or Menoth (both are my primary factions), Circle is out, Mercs don't appeal to me, not a fan of Convergence, and Retribution since my wife is playing it (though I would probably pick them tbh).

So that leaves in no order of preference: Minions, Legion, Skorne, Cygnar, Khador, and Cryx. Honestly I am leaning towards Cryx, Cygnar, and Legion the most.  I think it's mostly because of painting them up would be a fun endeavor.  I do like some of Khador's infantry however.  Play-style I think I would enjoy Skorne with their pain driven synergy, but we shall see.

It's something I'll be thinking about for sure and looking into, I think the wife and I are planning on stopping by Dewayne's to get some stuff for her Retribution and then maybe by then I'll have made up my mind.

If you have suggestions leave them in the comment box and until then happy gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment