Thursday, December 17, 2015

Why so angry? Be...Nomad no more!

Ah yes the wacky lovable Nomads.  Who couldn't love their interest in technology and their desire for unrestricted freedom?

As we last spoke I went over the Nomads briefly and if you are familiar with Infinity great, if not then here is a good overview of who the Nomads are and their typical slant: http://www.infinitythegame.com/faction_NOM.php

Starting off in the previous post's pictures I have 3 Alguaciles in the back who are the basic line trooper of any Nomad force.  I pretty much use them as order cheerleaders and helping keep an eye on my flanks/rear but otherwise not much power at this point.

Mid rank from left to right we have my Mobile Brigada.  Nomads aren't heavy on the heavy infantry and we basically have two choices, these and the Riot Grrls.  This one came in the starter box and it is their newer sculpt so I tend to use it as my Lieutenant or a nice mid-board fire support for others.

Next are my Reverend ladies, the Custodier and Healer respectively.  One is a great alternative Lt. and the other is a decent doctor.  I like the Custodier's -6 MOD to hit her from her ODD so she tends to fill a nice spot for that aggressive hacking.  Finally my Grenzer who I haven't been able to find a decent use of him so far.  I think I might try out some of the more mid-range setups.

Front row starting off we have our lovely TO Camo Spektr who I just love to run around dropping mines and being a general pain in the arse with.  I like to use him in a Predator-esque way and try to hunt down some pesky models who might be an annoyance the longer they live.  The Prowler is next and with a Spitfire I like to use him as a glass cannon.  Finally my HMG toting Sin Eater Observant acts as a total reaction-bot covering up a section that he can draw a bead to.

Finally we have lurking in the back is my only TAG painted up right now, the Iguana.  With only 2 STR he may not last long compared with some other TAGs but once you knock those out then you have to deal with the pilot (next to him) who also is equipped with a HMG.  With 2 WNDS! So ultimately it is a 4 WND/STR model which is nice.  Downside is that there is only one loadout options which isn't too bad but lacks variety.

Overall I've been pleased but I've got some more Nomad options coming up that should expand my fieldcraft some.  Most of the models have been brilliant to assemble, except the Iguana which pinning is an absolute MUST.  Tune in next time for more ramblings in spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace~!

No comments:

Post a Comment