Monday, December 21, 2015

Beep beep boop sucka!

What a crazy couple of days it has been as far as crisis in mental health goes, so I've not had a chance to hash out some ramblings until today.  Mah bad :-\

Today I am going to look at one of the reasons I got into infinity: the remotes!  The lovable robots that are both anthropomorphic and not.  The robots that some are worth and others are considered trash by the community.  I care not! I love them! BEEP BEEP MADDAFAK- *ahem*.

One of the recent remotes I've been putting together has been the Lunokhod Sputniks (most likely becuase I have an excuse to say Sputnik) which appears to be part of a common trend amongst the factions to be part of one of 2 groups.
The main body, who couldn't love this?
Remotes either share 4 similar kit combos and are relatively cheap in cost/stats, or are more specialized for their faction and are 'beefier' but with higher point cost.  You can look at most factions and see that there are usually 4 remotes that have similar builds.  Then you might see the other 1 or 2 remotes that are different from the "common builds."  The sputnik is of the latter.

All remotes get a -6 to their dodge rolls meaning that you will need to use cover more often than not.  Since the cheaper remotes tend to have no natural ARM this is the only way to get a ARM bonus.  The Sputnik has a nice ARM 3, bumped up to 6 in cover, making it more durable than the others for the Nomads.

The big reason I take the Lunokhod Sputnik is that they are able to bring Crazy Koalas!  For those who aren't familiar with them imagine dynamite strapped, doll-sized, robots that will run at you and explode on impact and once they start you can't stop them.  Since these cute explosives activate in the opponent's active turn I use them to block off and deter areas of advance.  They will activate once someone enters/moves in their 8' Zone of Control, making it a nice 16' diameter of a cuddly explosive risk.  The Crazy Koalas have super-jump and a MOV of 6-4, ensuring that most of the time you cannot outrun these devices.

As far as the Sputnik itself goes, I'm sure the remote itself will be useful as well but for me I take this particular brand for the Koalas.  Until next time game on and dice be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment