Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Warcor reporting in: Nomad forces inbound!

Hello again and welcome to another exciting post for my ramblings!  Today I wanted to go over what I've been pretty passionate about with the wargames and that is Infinity! 

In case you haven't heard about Infinity, then you are missing out.  I would highly recommend that you check out Corvus Belli's website and take a look for yourself: www.infinitythegame.com  Also the rulebook is free on their site :D

The gist of the game is that it's a skirmish sci-fi type where different factions vie for whatever agenda each of them hold dear.  I feel that the gameplay is inspired by sci-fi classes like Bladerunner and the well-known anime Ghost in the Shell.  There are a lot of things you can do in the game and at first it can be daunting but it is very fun and rewarding.

One thing about the game I enjoy is the order pool mechanic and that you get to react and still play while in your opponent's turn.  It takes a bit to get used to but it is definitely fun and I would recommend you check out some vids on Youtube to get the full details on the mechanics.

With that out of the way I wanted to show off some of my Nomads (think free-living, Shadowrun-esque, vagabonds with cool hackers).

Half of the Norangemads :3
For anyone who knows me, I am not normally a painter of the warm colors.  I prefer my blues, purps, and greens over any of the warmer tones.  So for me painting orange was a bit of a personal challenge to expand my skills.  I am mostly pleased with the results except for some of the guys who I painted the leather in a bright blue instead of the lovely brown you see on the ladies in the middle.

That's it for now, thanks for tuning in and next time I'll talk a bit more about what these lovely models do for me and some of my current Nomad projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment