Friday, December 18, 2015

Reinforcements inbound

Welcome back you space-faring tech-junkies to another post of Wargamer Ramblings! Tonight I am going to look over a unit I picked up and have been working on assembling.

My usual method of war game collecting is I buy the models en masse, assemble them over a couple days, prime them, and then let them sit there until my muse slaps me up and I get to painting.  So here is what I've been assembling as of late:
Sexy Nun Ladies of Death~
The Reverend Moiras, ah yes the scarily sexy nun ladies of the Bakunin ship.  So what's up with them?  Well they have a relatively slow MOV of 4-2, above average CC, average BS, decent WIP, decent ARM, and 1 WND.  The cheapest loadout is 28 pts and ranges to about 1.5 SWC 36 if you want a sniper rifle or HMG and almost all of them come with a shock CCW.  With multi-terrain, ODD, and Religious, it rounds out the profile.

Unfortunately these ladies get compared with the Riot Grrls and often are left behind in favor of them.  It's not hard to see why, Riot Grrls have a better MOV of 4-4, the Moira's ODD is pretty much negated with any MSV or fire, and the stat line of the Moira's really accentuate their desire to get into CC in a shooting dominated game.  Oh and Riot Grrls are better at dodging and have a BTS score and 1 more WND.  You won't be taking a Moira for her shooting that's for sure.  Comparatively Moira's lack the Riot Grrls Frenzy rule and have some different loadout options but otherwise compartatively Riot Grrls are usually in favor especially since the point cost is almost identical.

So why take the scary nun ladies of Bakunin?  Well I take them because the current Riot Grrl models are ummm...like a potato compared to some of the stuff CB has been making.  So until they make some new ones I will be using the Moiras and hoping to get them into CC for some of that dank shock CCW attacks.

Until then goodnight and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment