Thursday, June 23, 2016

Infinity Sectorial: Yu-Jing

Good morning fellow wargamers, I hope it is a beautiful day for you all!  Ready for another ramblings about some Infinity Sectorical crap? Why I hope you are because I am!  Let's get started shall we?

Today I want to focus on a faction I don't have a lot of experience with. That faction is the Yu-Jing, the great super power of the East.  In a vanilla list the Yu Jing have a wide range of options (don't they all?). A majority of them being slanted towards heavy infantry in order to bring law and the will of their leaders.  When we look at the different Sectorials we have two options to choose from: the Imperial Service, and the Japanese Sectorial Army (JSA).
Updated JSA Domaru Butai.  Nice!
Personally after looking over the JSA options I was more inclined to choose the Imperial Service and once I noticed I can take Su-Jian transformers I was sold.  I give credit to the JSA for the Domoru Butai and their recent sculpts, but out of the two options I am going to hit up that Imperial Service.  Besides have you seen the new started box?  Well if you haven't yet then here's a helping hand and check them out yourself.
Bruh.
So let's talk about what I like about this Sectorial.  The vibe I'm getting from them is that they are not playing around at all, no chill game.  This Sectorial is all about Yu-Jings Imperial agents and the secret police force so the vibe is that they are brutal, uncompromising, and clandestine.  They have no qualms about using prisoners to achieve their goals, evidenced by the Wu-Ming and Kuang-Shi, and could care less about the means as long as the outcome is what was desired.  It's a pretty hard core theme going on and I like it.
Kuang-Shi 40k edition!
In terms of fireteam options the Imperial Service have plenty of Core, a few Haris, and some Duo selections.  For the Core options there are, as any Sectorial force goes, better options that I would consider taking over others.  For example I would not take my 1 Core team and fill it with Kuang-Shi neither would I fill it with Imperial Crane Agents.  I feel that those would either be a complete waste of points or be such a point sink it wouldn't be worth it.  I do have some thoughts of possible Core options though.  I've noticed that I can even take 2 of the transformer bots as a Duo team if I wanted to (granted that's a hefty price tag)!  So with the Imperial Service, you got options for sure.

How could I NOT love this model?
One option for a Core team I do like are 4 Bao Troops with a Imperial Pheasant rank agent armed with a Red Fury.  I feel like this team would be a nice mid field unit to get trenched in and let the Pheasant throw out BS 15 B5 Damage 13 with shock ammo.  Nasty!  Another choice I've considered is the 4 Wu-Ming and a Zhanying with Nimbus grenades.  The Wu-Ming, being the heavy infantry of prisoners, can take a couple heavier weapon options such as the HMG and benefit from the fireteam bonus.  Meanwhile the Zhanying can help mitigate incoming fire in the opponent's active turn with the benefits of Nimbus grenades.  Not a bad option either if you ask me.

Now for what I am not too happy about and that is my distinct lack of doctor options.  As stated before the Imperial Service is brutal and that is extended to its own troops.  From what I can tell the only doctor isn't even a Yu Jing native but a ALEPH operative, the Sophotect.  It's not a bad option considering WIP 15, it's a doctor and engineer, and has NWI.  Take a couple of Yudbots and it's a good option.  It is unfortunately the only option I see in the Sectorial which makes the Sophotect an auto-include in most tournament lists as I imagine.

Overall the Sectorial has a nice selection of models that were recently updated and look phenomenal and the overall playstyle appears to favor being aggressive and unforgiving.  As before I am no expert in this game so take what I say as opinionated pieces, though if you have any questions/tips/advice feel free to leave some!  Until then happy gaming fellow gamers!

P.S.: Have you seen the new Wu-Ming models?! CB why you make me buy in to more factions?!

No comments:

Post a Comment