Thursday, June 2, 2016

Generic update post ftw!

Goooooooooood morning fellow wargamers and today is a beautiful outside so that means I'm staying inside! Good old Irish genetics at work here.  Anyways it's been awhile since my last post so here's a generic update for what's been going on.
"And I say hey...what's going ooooon?"
Well for starters life has come in and made sure I was busy enough to not really do anything wargame related aside from looking up stuff and keeping up with recent releases.  I took a holiday and went to the beach with my wife and despite my desire to bring models with me to paint (which in hindsight I should have) I did not and spent most of the time not doing anything at all.  Then the brother came down to visit and despite having some good times with board games, I did not get anything done wargame related.
Getting our game of Relic on
So now that I am back from holiday surely I should have had the time to get something done!  A layer of paint?  A game in?  Well....truth be told I've been playing the new expansion for the Witcher 3 and most of my time has been spent being Geralt of Rivia and not doing anything else.  It's not often these days that a video game will get my attention like the Witcher 3 did, and the expansion Blood and Wine is just as great as the base game was.  So there's where my attention has been lately.
What has taken my life's interest for now
Where does that leave future plans though?  Well for one I have some plans to get more Infinity gaming in with the local community.  My last post being the bat-rep with Scott made me hunger for more Infinity and I know I've got to get a game in with Chris and his Nomads as well.  In general I want to get more games in.  It's great and all to paint up the models but if you're not going to enjoy the game then why bother right?  Speaking of painting I will have a post up soon about what I need to get painted up left (at this time) as I've got a backlog of minis to get painted up.
If I'm not painting then I'm...cooking?
As far as getting into any new games I've still got my eye on Guildball and I've been toying with the idea of getting into Frostgrave (thanks Mike) but the latter will need some more research before contemplating any commitment.  I have another article planned out for Firestorm Planetfall as it's a game that I keep an active interest in but have some reservations about committing to just yet.  Then of course Mark 3 is coming up soon, as well as my eventual purchase of the new Human Sphere book.
"Pew pew pew pew!"
All in all things have been quietly going on as normal with not a lot of new events to really talk about, but in the near future I do believe there will be more to discuss.  Until then I hope your adventures are more game filled than mine, and have some happy gaming out there.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment