Thursday, April 21, 2016

So what's been going on?

Hello wargamer family and good morning/evening to you!  It's me again with another set of ramblings for you to hopefully enjoy!  I certainly hope that things are going well with you all and you've been able to get some games in or do some painting of some sort.

It's been awhile since my last post primarily for 2 reasons.  A) it's been pretty busy with recovering from the crash and I've been running around trying to get a new car situation going on.  B) as a result I've not done a whole lot with the hobby.  My painting has slouched a little and it's been awhile since I've had a game in with anyone.  So what I have been doing is keeping up with the news and new releases/upcoming stuff.

Aside from PP big news on the upcoming Mark 3 I have been keeping my eye out on a couple other things as well.  For one I've been eyeing up the new Infinity's Human Sphere N3 book due to release in the near future.  I for one am excited about the new book and hope it clarifies some of the more interesting special rules and equipment pieces (such as those holo-fields).  One thing that recently was teased by Corvus Belli is the new Maghariba Guard model.  Ooooooooooo my that is a sexy TAG.  I don't imagine myself as a Haqqislam player but I might have to get the model just for painting pleasure.

Looking over to the 40k realm of things there has been talk and recent postings about Renegade Imperial Knights which all I can say is "it's about damn time."  I suppose with the prolific presentation of Chaos Titans it just seemed odd to me that their tinier brethren would have non-traitor forms.  Now Gee Dubs has corrected this and we have confirmation about some traitor Knights.  I can't say I have laid eyes on any rules but let me tell you if there are any Plague Knight options you can be sure I will get a trio of them and convert them up real gud.

Speaking of 40k sometimes I will get into these moods and start tossing out ideas such as picking back up with my Eldar and getting some models for it, or working on some conversion bits for Chaos.  Currently those thoughts are Eldar centric and I'm not sure if GW realized it but they had a couple bundles with some...*gasp*...savings?!  Granted it's not like a huge percent but shaving off 5 bucks for 3 War Walkers is not something GW is known to do.  So it might not be a bad idea, maybe, we'll see.

I'm sure there are plenty of recent teasers, releases, news bits, and etc that have caught your eye.  These are just a few of the ones I've been paying attention to more over the past week but I'd love to hear from you what you've been keeping an eye on.  Until next time gamers have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment