Saturday, January 26, 2019

Takin' a crack at what's to come 2019 style!

Welcome wargamers and the like to some new year ramblings!  I'm your host and writer for the time being so get comfy with a drink or snack and let's have ourselves a chat.  It's been a couple of months since our last visit but that's not to say that things have not been busy.  Quite the contrary!

So the holidays are over, and have been for almost a month, and hopefully you have had some peaceful times together with your loved ones and that your wargaming or hobbying as been successful.  I was commissioned by my brother to paint up the 30k version of the Primarch Roboute Guilliman and while part of me wishes I had made some progress posts while doing so, at the same time a project of that magnitude (in character not scale) I think posting about it would have been distracting.  So without further ado let me give you the final result:





Painting him up was pretty fun if not slightly stressful.  It did make me realize just how if you keep progressing with your painting, even if it's in small steps, that over time you can get projects done.  Which then resulted in some more thought about what I still have left on the project table and the need to refocus on what I have instead of what I "need" just keeps presenting itself.  If I were to sit down and catalog what I should be working, well let's just say I'm confident 2019 will be full of projects to work on.


So what's happening next you might ask?  Well game-wise I am still very much active with my Blood Bowl league and it's been a pretty great experience so far.  I've played with some great chaps who have been more than helpful with teaching me the gaps in my coaching and while I've not won any games since my last post I have managed to keep things to a draw at the very least.  I'm still pleased with the performance my Orcs have been doing, and my last non-skilled Black Orc managed to take enough Skaven out my last game to snag a skillup.  Despite being close to the league's end (I think 5-6 games left) I don't think I'll be making it to the league playoffs at this rate, but at the very least I can say that it's been a great time so far and I've been working on some other teams for a future league!


In terms of painting it goes without saying I have a ton of progress for a lot of different projects.  I'm currently in a assembly/prepping mood so while I've not painted a lot I have made progress on getting some holiday gifts put together.  To say that my interest in Blood Bowl is growing is an understatement and now with the addition of three more teams I have been thinking about some great ways to paint these up.  For the Nurgle team I've been wanting to stick with some non-traditional colors of blues and purples, for the Dwarves I want to try and experiment with a ruby red metallic scheme, and the Elf Union (potentially to grow to accomodate all 4 Elven teams) I have yet to decide.  My Orcs have been painted up (sans some goblins and a troll) but after Greebo released their P-Orc team...well...it's tempting to ignore the GW Orcs in favor of the cute buggers.


So here's hoping to a productive 2019 folks!  I've got a couple of friends who have also dedicated to playing with our current instead of buying for the new, so I hope that their dedication helps me through my own failings and vice versa.  Happy 2019 everyone may it be a good one for you and your loved ones and as always, may you have happy gaming!

2 comments:

  1. Looking awesome my dude! I especially love the shoulder pads on those Nurgle heavies. Maybe I *should* play Blood Bowl... :/

    ReplyDelete